Thursday, July 21, 2011

But we will!

I wanted to explain the meaning behind the title of my blog. C asks for A LOT of activities....grocery store, waterpark, zoo, Miss K's (code for his daycare). He asks for these places everyday and usually more than once. C doesn't understand someday or later. My fix to this was to respond with "No, we're not going to the waterpark today...but we will another day." So now when he asks to go somewhere and I say "Not today." He responds with "But we will." The conversation goes like this:

C: Go to waterpark? Yes, please!
M: Not today
C: But weeee wiiiiillllll!

He exagerates the words we and will. It's adorable. It also makes me think of our life in general. Autism sometimes stops us from hitting a developmental goal. So today we can't quite reach the finish line.....but weeeee wiiiiilllllll!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment