Thursday, August 11, 2011

SCHOOL! YAY!

It's getting to be that time! YES! School is back in session. Not only is C a student (Pre-K) but I am also a student in a nursing program. I go back before he does and this is my last year. C is going into his third year of Pre-K. I'm so excited! He loves school. This year will be especially important because it will be his last year with the teacher that he is so familiar with and he has a new Aide. It was important for me to get him a new aide THIS year so that:

1. He can get to know her before he goes into kindergarten (new classroom, new teacher).
2. His current teacher who has known him for two years can help Ms. S (the aide) get to know C better.

So as he finishes up his last round of summer school, my anticipation grows as does his boredom. C thrives on routine. Don't most ASD kids? I'm looking forward to his last year in Pre-K but also a little worried. Everything will be different after this year. EVERYTHING! I'll graduate and get a job and he'll be in school all day with a new teacher and new friends. I'm nervous for him! All I can do is think positive and hope that kids see him for the funny happy child that he is! My little boy is growing up! (Insert a happy/sad face)

No comments:

Post a Comment